- Embedding audio or video
- Zoom functions on images
- Showing or hiding information such as tabs or accordions
- Dynamically modifying content or styles
- Dropdown navigation
- Validations on forms
1. Open Developer Tools in Google Chrome
Go to your website. Click on the more options menu. It’s the three dots. Technically it’s called a “kebab menu,” but you’re probably more familiar with its cousin, the “hamburger menu.”
2. Open the Coverage Tab
Click on the three-dot menu in the Developer Tools section. Select “Run command.” Start typing coverage in the prompt box and select “Show coverage” from the dropdown.
3. Analyze Code Coverage
In the coverage tab, click the reload button to begin the analysis. If you don’t see the reload button, you might need to resize the coverage tab by pulling it up.
4. Review Your Results
- Removing Unused Plugins. Since plugins contribute a large share of unused code on a site, begin by uninstalling and deleting any plugins you’re not using.
- Using Lighter Plugins. For any plugins essential to your site, can you replace them with a lighter option? If you want a slider, can you find a plugin with more limited options tailored to your needs?
How Mindsize Can Help