There are countless obstacles small business owners must overcome. One such roadblock is fulfilling, shipping, and providing tracking and return options for your customers.
Shipping is a complex process that involves a lot more than dropping off your packaged product at the post office. However, the best Shopify shipping apps can help you wade through the paperwork, tax codes, and package problems.
What is Shopify Shipping?
The logistics of getting your products into your customer’s hands can be time-consuming and complicated. Your shipping operation is an enormous part of your business, and efficiency is imperative. Unreliable and ambiguous shipping costs deter customers.
95% of eCommerce shoppers say that shipping prices directly impact their buying decisions.
- 61% of consumers are “somewhat likely” to abandon their purchase without free shipping options
- Average order value increases 30% when free shipping is available
- Nine out of ten consumers take actions that qualify them for free shipping. These qualifying actions include:
- Add Items to Cart: 58%
- Select free shipping even if it’s the slowest option: 50%
- Search for “free shipping” promo code: 47%
- Consumers delay purchases to wait for free shipping: 30%
Having an efficient shipping suite will have a positive impact on your overall sales. Luckily, Shopify can streamline this process. You can focus on what’s most important for your business – your product.
Shopify Shipping is a built-in shipping suite. It gives merchants the tools needed to calculate real-time shipping rates, purchase and print shipping labels, and track shipments.
What Are the Benefits of Shopify’s Shipping Service?
- Shopify Shipping is included with every Shopify merchant account. You can start shipping right away!
- Easy to use.
- Discounted shipping rates keep your customers coming back as rates stay low.
- Displays real-time shipping rates at check-out.
- Shopify Shipping is international.
What Are the Best Shopify Shipping Apps Available?
However, there are things that the Shopify Shipping Suite may not be able to do. That’s where the Shopify Marketplace comes in. Finding the best Shopify shipping apps that meet all of your business needs is crucial.
There is a shipping app for every business, large and small. Here is a list of some of the best Shopify Shipping apps to help increase productivity and sales. We chose the following Shopify Shipping apps for their ease of use, minimal cost, and focus on scalability.
Best Shopify Shipping Apps to Meet your Business Needs
For Faster Fulfillment
Timely and efficient order fulfillment is paramount to customer satisfaction.
One of the best Shopify shipping apps available, ShipStation allows you to manage all of your customer orders in one place. ShipStation enables you to oversee your entire shipping operation.
Keeping your branding front and center, ShipStation allows you to infuse your brand into every element of the post-purchase experience. This includes shipping labels, tracking emails, packing slips, and the simple to use self-service returns portal.
- Gives you the ability to compare prices in-app with real-time rate information
- Makes it more comfortable for smaller businesses to offer free shipping due to their discounts
- Easily integrates with all shipping carriers
- Batch processing capabilities
- Inventory tracking with an all-in-one order management system
ShipStation is considered software for all clients. Well-established companies that need help managing shipments will benefit from ShipStation.
A six-tier pricing model makes it affordable for small businesses. ShipStation is a robust platform, regardless of what your company needs.
Like ShipStation, Shippo is an all-in-one order management system. What makes Shippo one of the best Shopify shipping apps is that they have a pay-as-you-go option. This option is ideal for newer businesses learning the ropes of starting a new company.
Some key characteristics of Shippo include:
- “A La Carte Tracking” enables you to track shipments created outside of Shippo
- Automatic integration of most international shipments with most US carriers. National shipments and integrating with most US carriers
- Simple facilitation of customer returns
Shippo offers typical shipping label generation, integrations, and automation rules that we have seen in other products. Real-time shipment tracking for your customers is also provided.
Known for helping small businesses grow internationally, Easyship has a substantial cost advantage to merchants. It’s free for smaller shipping operations. Easyship is considered an all-in-one solution with a complete order fulfillment service. With warehouses located worldwide, they can ship your products for you from just about anywhere.
- Access to over 250 shipping carriers from all over the globe. Your access begins the minute you activate your account.
- Customers can see shipping costs upfront as tax and duty rates calculate automatically.
Unlike other Shopify Shipping apps, Easyship is paid for by the carrier and not the merchant. The only disadvantage to this is that your clients might experience slightly higher shipping rates.
For a Better User Experience
Just like at a brick and mortar store, customers expect their full experience to be seamless and easy to use. The best Shopify shipping apps make tracking orders, calculating shipping costs, and returning products easy. All of these things create a better user experience.
Data analysis is where AfterShip shines. What sets AutoShip apart is it lets you view analytical data about your shipments. Not only is the data accessible, you can take actionable insights into your post-purchase experience and shipping performance.
- Insightful tracking data in one place to resolve delivery incidents faster.
- An array of filters to view all of your shipping data in their completely customizable dashboard.
- The option to connect your AutoShip account to Google Analytics
- Branded tracking page to show your customers their latest order status and your marketing banner to impress and upsell customers.
AfterShip offers a flexible four-tier pay model that grows with your business. For the newest of companies that have fifty shipments or less per month, membership is free. A 14-day trial period is available (with no credit card required). They are allowing you to take them for a test drive with zero strings attached.
A stand-out app for Shopify shipping is Tracktor. It’s operated entirely through Shopify, making it one of the easiest apps to use. Tracktor has the advantage of giving your customers several self-service options that dramatically reduces your need for hands-on customer support.
Benefits of Tracktor:
- See your in-transit packages on a map, get delivery exception alerts, and track how long it takes your customers to receive their orders.
- Reduces the #1 support request, “Where’s my order?” by letting your customers help themselves.
- Make your customers happy by identifying orders that need your attention—things like delivery exceptions or packages that have been in transit for an unusually long time.
- Customers can view their order status on your store with or without an account.
Tracktor provides a fantastic user experience for both its customers and yours. They have a four-tier pricing model that starts at $5.99 per month. If you are looking for a great Shopify Shipping app that offers an array of self-service abilities, this is the app for your business.
A robust app for a simple purpose, ShipTarget ensures that the correct products ship in every package. As one of the best Shopify shipping apps, ShipTarget has a simple interface and is cost-effective.
The benefits of having ShipTarget:
- Eliminates packing errors
- Easily connect to the backend of your store
- Minimal training necessary
- Eliminates the need for expensive scanning equipment
- The dashboard features a snapshot with data and insights
- Simple user management
ShipTarget’s focus is on order accuracy. At $29/mo, ShipTarget minimizes errors for a minimal additional cost.
When scaling your business is crucial to your eCommerce business’s performance and success, Mindsize can help you grow. Contact us today.